Friday, September 20, 2013

Francis


I tried my best not to like the new Pope. After all, I told myself, what could possible change? The leadership may vary but the Catholic Church's dogma will remain.

And then, his first move: He named himself Francis, a name I've always had an affinity for, after the saint of Assisi. Francis is what would have been my name, if only a neighbor didn't beat my parents to it. I was born on his feast day and have always joked that I was born on World Animal Day.

And then, his second move: His interview on the plane after World Youth Day. ("If a homosexual person is of good will and is in search of God, I am no one to judge.") While I was touched by his words, I still kept it to myself because I knew that among the Church's vanguards, the Pope is more an exception than the rule. And true enough, days later, a US Archbishop was already foaming at the mouth. ("Pope was 'on a high' during gay remarks.")

And then, his latest: "When God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person? We must always consider the person."

I hope the ripples turn into waves.



1 * :

Blogger said...


YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you need from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

You can press CLAIM as many times as 50 times per one captcha.

The coins will stored in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or Dollars.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...