Monday, July 16, 2012

Food review: Sebastian's



Photo: Jill


I remember the time Ian brought pints of his homemade ice cream to the Inquirer office. He was just starting his business then, and we raved about how seriously good his inventions were. There was no doubt Sebastian's was going to be a success.

His flavors were original too: I wouldn't forget his Choc Nut ice cream, which mainstream ice cream brands copied as they did his other original concoctions too. Some of the other unforgettable ones were the Mango Sansrival, Butter Pecan, and Dublin Fudge. (Not that the rest were forgettable :-P)

So it has become a tradition that whenever I find myself in Podium, I pass by Sebastian's on the fourth floor just to see how it has grown. And I love it that Ian consistently surprises. He hasn't lost his playfulness and inventiveness especially with Filipino flavors, such as Mangga at Suman, Sapin-Sapin, Champorado, and Palitaw.

Photo: Jill


Unfortunately, I was so full from the Egg and Bacon sandwich at that time, so I didn't think I could handle a rich-looking dessert. (But yey, I have flavors to look forward to!) Instead, I opted for what I felt would be a palate cleanser: the Yakult Ice Cream.


I liked it! For those who wish Yakult would come in larger, non-bitin bottles, then this one's for you.


Mango nude bar, P100 - "It tastes like frozen mango shake!" - Jill
Dark Chocolate Sea Salt, P100 - Tatin, while giggling: "Oh my god, ang sarap!"
Photos: Jill



Cookie dough chilly burger, P130 - "This is soo good," said Pam, who is also reminded of Coney Island's Eskimo roll
Photo: Jill


Sebastian’s Ice Cream

4/L, The Podium Mall
12 ADB Ave, Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

+63 915 781 0264
Twitter: @ilovesebastians
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Sebastians.Ice.Cream

  



2 * :

Deepa said...


This is torture to someone thousands of miles away from the Podium. Argh!
I tried the chilly burger on my last visit home and was instantly transported to Virra Mall in the 80s, with Coney Island and the toy train. Sarrrraaaap.

Jason D. said...


Woops :-p

They have a new flavor - green sorbet with actual bagoong! It sounds really weird but it's getting raves.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...