Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mr Gay World 2011 is South Africa

This news is two weeks old :-P but still, I thought I'd share the news: South Africa won Mr Gay World 2011.

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

I was actually rooting for USA, who looked dashing in a Barong Tagalog, but he ended up as first runner-up:

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

My other fave, New Zealand, ended up in the Top 5.

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

I was delighted to know that Mr Gay World also has a national costume competition. And as in Miss Universe, there were hits and misses.

Mr. Spain looked dashing as a matador:

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

Mr. India was regal in his pagri and kurta:

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

Mr. Czech Republic looked cute too.

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

Mr. USA's was one of the misses:

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

Mr. Canada, ang super hero ng mga becky, lol!

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

Pero eto na, di ko kinaya ang ate nyo from Hong Kong. Gayahin ba si Miss Venezuela?! LOL!

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

Miss Venezuela at Miss Universe 2010

But in fairness, I think it's justified since this reminds me of one of the famous buildings in Hong Kong, and perhaps, one of the most recognizable in the world, the Bank of China Tower.

Now can you guess who won Best in Costume?

When I learned that Philippines won, all I could think about was 'luto.' But when I saw the photos, I have to say achieve na achieeeeve. I love it!

From carabao:

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

to tadaaaaan!

CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

Win!

Again, it's too bad the event didn't get as much mileage as I hoped for, even if Mr. Gay World 2010 spoke about the alarming HIV statistics in the country (Mr. Gay World prods Philippine gov’t on AIDS); and the contestants' visit to a Gawad Kalinga baranggay.

Although I'm happy that our mayor gave keys to the city to the Mr Gay World Organization. Yey Mandaluyong, where you can buy condoms without a doctor's prescription!

Mandaluyong Mayor Benhur Abalos in red
CM by Carlos Melia | carlosmeliablog.com

Next year's event will be held in South Africa.


2 * :

eon said...


in my case baliktad, i saw the photos first, then thought, mukhang mananalo ng best in costume si philippines, then tada! he did.

im impressed with the creativity. and the details. and the material.

Jason said...


Unang photos na nakita ko ni Philippines, di kita yung kalabaw effect, tapos I learned he won, so di ko na-gets why.

I wish ganito rin ka-creative ang costume natin sa Miss U no.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...