Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Bb Pilipinas 2011

I just haven't blogged about it, but for the last three weeks, I've been obsessed following the Bb Pilipinas competition (finals night on April 10). Photos and videos and some contestants have made the rounds in various pageant websites and blogs but it was only yesterday when BPCI released the contestants' official headshots.

Here are my favorites for the Bb Pilipinas Universe crown:

The Underdogs:


Jenn-Roe Gubat is my Czarina Gatbonton of 2011. I think few people expected her to go as far as win the Bb Pilipinas - World but there was something about her during the Bb Pilipinas contest that made me root for her. (Unfortunately, I was no longer a fan when she went on to compete at Miss World.)


Miss Venezuela 1st runner-up Angela Ruiz
Jenn is not in major lists of favorites this year, although there are some who have listed her as a dark horse. Count me as one of them. She has fine chinita features and an impeccable posture (as I've seen in some of her videos). I think she should style herself in the same manner as 2010 Miss Venezuela favorite (and eventual first runner-up), Angela Ruiz of Monagas, who played up her eyes to look very contravida. On finals night, her jet-black hair was very sleek and parted in the middle.



Kathleen Subijano is the sister of Miss World 1994 finalist Cara Subijano. I like how cheery, spontaneous and genuine she has appeared in videos.



Mary Jean Lastimosa. You should see her body. It will drive men crazy.

The Contenders:



Few faces can be as exquisite and exotic as Diana Arevalo's. She competed in 2009 but failed to win a title, and looks like she has returned with a vengeance.



Seeing Ma. Paula Bianca Paz makes me chortle because according to Tammy, she looks like the female version of Raymond Fortun, lol! Another returning candidate, I have to say I love her fighting spirit -- she never fails to bring it in every Bb Pilipinas activity so far.



Martha Chloe McCulley was one of the ladies who modeled briefcases in the local version of Deal or No Deal. I initially liked her because she resembled Miss Universe 2007 3rd runner-up Honey Lee but I liked her even more when I saw one of her interviews: she makes sense. The only problem is that unlike most of the ladies, she isn't TH (trying hard) so she appears indifferent to the competition.

For The Win:



Shamcey Supsup is a magna cum laude graduate of the UP College of Architecture and was last year's topnotcher (!!!) in the architect licensure exam. Those are academic credentials that are hard to top.

The thing is, for the last 11 years (not sure with the years before that), no UP graduate has ever made it as a Miss Universe finalist, whether they be as gorgeous and smart as Fine Arts graduate Nina Alagao, and UP Law graduates Zorayda Andam and Teresa Licaros. It will be interesting to see if Shamcey will be able to break this curse should she win Universe.

During the screening, pageant fans criticized her for looking plain and boring. (She also looks like Chef Rosebud Benitez.)

And then this video surfaced, lol (she appears in the 0:07 mark):





Pano naging boring ang blue eyeliner ko with glitter-glitter effect? LOL. Ikaw na.

* * * *

These are only based on photos and the snippets of video clips I've seen. I'd get a better idea of my bets once the preliminaries are over, in about three weeks or so. See the rest of the finalists in the Bb Pilipinas website.


2 * :

Deepa said...


Tama ka, Jenn-Roe Gubat needs to channel her inner Celia Rodriguez. That tweetums expression and pink lipstick is not doing her any favors.

There's something Brazilian-esque about Mary Jean Lastimosa. And di lang Raymond Fortun, may Veejay Floresca vibe din si Ma. Paula Bianca Paz, LOL!

Diana Arevalo is stunning even with the awful week-old tuna sashimi shade of lipstick.

Jason said...


OMG, Veejay Floresca, LOL!!!

Nakita mo si Diana sa vid? Red lipstick sya don and ang ganda! Too bad di maganda performance nya nung swimsuit presscon, which I'll write about soon.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...