Monday, October 04, 2010

It thinks you're stupid enough to believe its lies

I heard a Catholic mass for the first time in years yesterday; I thought it'd be a good family activity before we headed for my birthday lunch, so for the record, I was in no way fishing about the church's activity in light of all these Carlos Celdran and RH brouhaha.

The Gospel yesterday included the parable of the mustard seed. According to the priest, ways to increase your faith include: "a lot of praying," "hearing Sunday mass weekly," and "more praying." I was rolling my eyes the whole time: I mean, seriously? They are still saying this same crap from when I was still in grade school? Praying, hearing Mass and more praying?

All the church champions is individualism, or cocooning oneself up from modern realities. It remains out of touchor at the least, a touch above the real issues of the country. How about increased faith through charity? Working on increasing faith in humanity?

And then the priest (sorry, I didn't catch his name) said that an "attack" was being made at the Catholic Church, especially with the planned passage of the Reproductive Health (RH) bill in Congress. He then introduced the video below.





It's interesting to note that the Anti-Abortion video does not actually mention the RH billexactly because the RH bill does not espouse abortion. However, the Greenbelt chapel is hoping that the faithful would make that association themselves (RH = abortion) with a video set against an apocalyptic music.

We are smarter than that. I hope your church is giving you better credit than the one in Greenbelt.


0 * :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...