Thursday, August 06, 2009

Skywalk Adventure, Crown Regency Hotel

If you want a 360-degree bird's eye view of Cebu City, then the Skywalk Adventure is the perfect (and expensive) way to do just that.

Situated at the 38th and 39th floors of Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, the Skywalk boasts two attractions: the Edge Coaster and Sky Walk Extreme.

Mural at the Regency's lobby


Our P600 entrance free was inclusive of a dinner buffet and one of either attractions. We decided to go for the coaster ride since it looked more exciting. For the Sky Walk, as the name suggests, one would walk around the edge of the building with a harness. We preferred riding to walking.

The coaster has an added twist: you can tilt your seat downward, to as much as 45 55 degrees, parallel to the ground which isn't just right.

The elevator leading up to Skywalk Adventure has floor-to-ceiling windows. Acrophobics would probably already tremble at this point.

Lobby of the Edge Coaster floor. The lights make the attraction an ideal thing to do at night.



We were asked to sign legal stuff -- I didn't bother reading it so I might have actually given them the right to my millions of dollars in savings or something.

At first I wasn't afraid or petrified, but when I got on that gaddamn chair and it tilted, I thought I wouldn't survive.



I look all calm, relaxed and happy, but notice how my body is so stiff in my attempt to defy gravity.

Like I said, we had the option to tilt the chair further down -- Mon wanted to, but I cursed, screamed, shouted, taunted and threatened him with all my might from doing so.

It must not have lasted more than 5 minutes but it felt like 30 minutes to me. The weather was so cold and my nerves didn't help -- I was freezing. But despite all that, the experience afforded us with a stunning view of Cebu City -- too bad, we weren't allowed to bring along cameras during the ride.

For all that trouble, we got a certificate. But gosh, how can you not admire the view? *wink*



Schedule and varying rates are on the official site.

* * * *

With the name, Sparkz Restobar, I had the lowest of expectations at the dinner buffet that I practically dreaded it. Fortunately, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It was definitely excellent in terms of value for money.

I didn't get to take photos as I was seriously hungry, but it features Japanese, Filipino (which includes lechon!) and International cuisine. A dessert table spread is also available.


1 * :

Jay said...


Si Mon ba yan?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...