Friday, April 17, 2009

A most curious case

I'm sure we can all use a break from what's happening in TV and radio now, so I bring you this particular news that's brewing online:

*** The curious incident of John Candare and a cat at the NIP ***


In a Google cache of his multiply entry, John admits to murdering a cat in UP (edited for brevity):

On our way out of old NIP (National Institute of Physics --j) I saw the cat I almost killed last Tuesday. Now everyone knows I hate cats. It’s an unexplainable feeling towards them. Like some internal hatred .... I pulled it on its tail and threw it. Then like some pro wrestler I jumped on it and my feet landed on it’s torso. Slam! Felt good! But the cat didn’t die, well not yet. It ran for it’s life and just as I was about to catch up on it somebody yelled: “Pwede bang pabayaan mo yung pusa?!”

Hours later, habang abala sa XRD, a guy came in. Tanong niya: “Sinong pumatay dun sa pusa?” Bang! Dat was me boi. Guilty as charged. I didn’t see it die pero sabi ni Myles it coughed up blood or at least something like that daw. Didn’t realize I gave it a fatal hit. This isn’t the first time I’ve killed a cat but this time it’s different. It didn’t occur to me back then that the cat had a leash. So I think somebody owns it. Well it’s very well loved in NIP from what I heard and I just ended it’s life. So there you go I’m sorry. And I wont be striking another one for maybe about a month.


Aaaw, he killed a cat beloved by NIP folks.

While that didn't exactly make him remorseful (as implied in the last part of his entry), the backslash eventually did: apparently faculty teachers are considering charging him with violation of the Animal Welfare Act.

So now, he's apologizing -- but that isn't stopping the comments, which are pretty funny:



Poor cat.

-- news via Technograph

* * * *

If PNP were investigating this case, it would:

a) charge Multiply with obstruction of justice for having allowed the deletion of a journal entry;
b) announce its every new development and findings to the media no matter how inconclusive they are; and
c) have the dead cat undergo a paraffin test: it may just be a simple case of suicide after all.


0 * :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...